Monday, January 29, 2007

What sorts of jobs do entry level employees perform?

Q: What sorts of jobs do entry level employees perform?

A: Your job is what you make of it. You may be hired to do one thing, but don't let that stop you from developing experience in many areas. I was hired to do physics, but I have always enjoyed quality and business. I attended corporate training in Lean Six Sigma and now I am one of the technical staff leading the Lean Six Sigma effort in my organization. After showing some interest in manufacturing, I am helping to manage our scientific hardware supply chain. Just because you were hired to do one thing, doesn't mean you can't do other things. If that is where your passion lies, your company will only benefit from your aptitude and energy in the other areas.

No comments: